If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What issues do you have with the Samsung Plex App?

Trying to see what people's experiences are. Where does it fall short. What needs improvement? What works really well?

Answers

• SunLikeStarSunLikeStar Posts: 1Members

Im running Plex on my Synology NAS and Plex client on my Samsung smart TV 55MU6470. I'd say that the Plex app on Samsung TV is the most well designed and clean looking app. Its looks and runs even better than the Amazon Prime or Samsung's own implementation of Youtube app. For me appart from the channels, everything works really well. The channels section keep giving me "server not powerful enough" error.

• pavelka1pavelka1 Posts: 1Members

Samaung ue65ks8000
    When I have plex app running and I turn the TV off - after I switch it on in the Plex app I no longer see the focus on the currently active button.
    Have to quit from Plex app and launch again to see on which element I'm focused right now...

• andersloanderslo Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Subs out of sync when you fast forward. There are some workarounds but they all require the server to do transcoding. This seems to have been an issues for several months.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/267753/subtitles-out-of-sync-on-samsung-tv/p1

Only able to play the default audio track. Not able to switch to a different audio track for videos.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/281592/bug-direct-play-audio-track-not-changeable-samsung

• B0rreB0rre Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

These may seem like minor issues with American eyes, but they are pretty significant for us European media consumers.

• sonsinsonsin Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here! I am a Plex Pass user but due to these problems which have been reported months ago I'm considering on migrating to Emby. I don't depend that much on subtitles, but my family does.

• Wesley_CWesley_C Posts: 2Members

I'm fairly new to both Plex and Samsung TV's. The problem I'm seeing is that all of my .mp4 files, which were recorded and compressed using Beyond TV, are squeezed to a 4:3 aspect ratio. The files play correctly at 16:9 in Beyond TV, Windows Media Player, and in the Plex web app in various browsers.

• harrykauslharrykausl Posts: 17Members ✭✭

I have the Plex-Server on a synology-nas, a ipad with plex and a new samsung tv with the newest version of plex. Starting the app on the tv, all works wonderful. When I start plex on the ipad and want ot switch to another player, I don't see the samsung tv. When I start the app on the samsung tv, I see the tv on the ipad app too, and I get a remote control on the ipad. Isn't it possible to use the samsung tv as a remote player and control everything from the ios-app without starting the app on the tv.
    If not, would it not be possible, to use the onboard dlna-renderer on the samsung tv as a remote player?

• SoLiDGSoLiDG Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

I have the UE55MU7000 and had problems with 4K movies (of higher bitrate). it kept doing a direct stream and it gave problems after a few minutes of playback and out of sync subs. I found people saying it was because of the dts track.
    BUT I found after some trying the problem is the plex app not handling srt correct. When I disabled the subtitles it stopped doing a direct stream but a direct copy (no transcoding at all). And then it ran smooth!
    So hope they can fix the subtitles not working in direct copy!

• jeffddntdtjeffddntdt Posts: 92Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a un60hu8550 where the audio occasionally skips for a millisecond. Just enough to notice. I'm thinking its the tv and not the app, because it does the same with the cable stream. Now Plex is trying to transcode everything.

• joeevans70joeevans70 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

cant change the audio track in direct play mode. please fix.

• Wesley_CWesley_C Posts: 2Members

@Wesley_C said:
    I'm fairly new to both Plex and Samsung TV's. The problem I'm seeing is that all of my .mp4 files, which were recorded and compressed using Beyond TV, are squeezed to a 4:3 aspect ratio. The files play correctly at 16:9 in Beyond TV, Windows Media Player, and in the Plex web app in various browsers.

Following up on my earlier comment. After additional work it looks like the culprit for the crunched video was the Beyond TV codec. After using VideoRedo to recode files to "real" 16:9 everything looks right.

It seems like something the player should be able to identify and account for in the future. I can provide samples in the event someone wants to engage on the issue.

• PetterWrPetterWr Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Subtitles get out of sync if I resume an episode/film.
    Can stream 4K content with subtitles, but not without.

• MirxMirx Posts: 30Members ✭✭

That the developers don't seem to bother with any confirmation, updates, and fixes for major bugs which were introduced by pushing newer versions.

• adhocadhocadhocadhoc Posts: 11Members ✭✭

I can't actually even watch anything on my Samsung TV. It buffers nonstop. Been like this since I've owned the TV for over a year, every other client in the home is fine.