If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Very Slow Transcoding

stuartf1stuartf1 Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Most of my optimisations run at 4x but here's an example of 1 that's very slow, about 0.2x. Any idea why?

Answers

• stuartf1stuartf1 Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another showing similar

Any help please?

The silence is deafening.

Any ideas @MovieFan.Plex ?

Another 1 transcoding at 0.2x, info attached

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,887Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hmm. I looked through your latest log and don't see you playing that video. Do you remember about what time you were watching? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks for looking into it. I wasn't viewing, it was an optimisation task

Another problematic one optimising. Stuck at 100%,

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,887Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I see where the optimize process just hits 100% but keeps thinking there is more to do. I'll need to review your log more thoroughly. I'll get back to you.

Back to your original issue of the slow transcode. Things appear to be correct. You had another stream going which was also being transcoded. The media optimizer will take a back seat when a regular stream is active. If you are seeing this when nothing else is going on, please provide me a log in that situation.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    Back to your original issue of the slow transcode. Things appear to be correct. You had another stream going which was also being transcoded. The media optimizer will take a back seat when a regular stream is active. If you are seeing this when nothing else is going on, please provide me a log in that situation.

Thanks for investigating. I was sure nothing else was playing or transcoding. I wonder if it's related to a similar issue I have right now where optimisation is stuck on waiting even though nothing else is playing. I've tried toggling pause on conversion screen to no avail.

I checked around and it appears the transcoder is running into an issue and gets stuck. Do you know how to run logcat? If so, that may provide more details on what is going on.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    I checked around and it appears the transcoder is running into an issue and gets stuck. Do you know how to run logcat? If so, that may provide more details on what is going on.

Thanks. I have no idea but I'm sure Google will help me. I'll try to logcat the other issues too.