If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

AC3 5.1 audio not playing on TX3 Mini

Hi I'm gonna need some help with the issue I'm having since after 2 weeks of trying out different stuff and browsing the forum for potential solutions I am jsut not able to resolve it.

I bought this cheap little TV Box for my workroom TV, installed Plex Player and only issue I'm having is that files with AC3 5.1 dont have any sound. wich is a bummer since most of the TV shows I watch have this audio format.

I also installed VLC media player and when I connect to the Plex Server through it it plays the audio normally.

After some investigation it turns out that when i run the Plex Player on the TV Box it uses Direct Play to get the files from Plex Server, while when i use the VLC Plaer it uses Direct Stream for video and Transcodes the audio.

Attaching the screenshot from Now Playing Status.

I tried looking in the settings on the Plex Server and Plex Player on the TV Box but no option fixes the issue, also tried editing the device profiles but I'm not sure how exactly to do it and my winging it didnt give any results. I really need some help to fix this since its realyl bugging me and transcoding all these files manually is just not an option.

Some info on the devices:

TX3 Mini -A with Android 7.1.2 running Plx Media Player 6.5.3.2115

Desktop PC with Windows 10 running Plex Media Server 1.9.2.4285

Let me know if there is any more info I can provide and thanks for any help in advance!

Comments

• midwaybritmidwaybrit Posts: 107Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

There are issues with 5.1 on many android devices, including the Fire TV Gen 2 boxes. The only way to fix it right now is go back to an earlier version of Plex on your device. If you dig in this forum you will find others posting how to do it.

• Geoff555Geoff555 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You could try installing Kodi on the TX3 and then installing Plex for Kodi. I findPlex for Kodi plays AC3 when Plex for Android fails.