If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex sync on Windows App- Error Message with video files with EAC3 audio

Hi there. I have a few files that i play on my Plex for Windows 10 app that have Enhanced AC3 audio sometimes referred to as Dolby Digital Plus. When i play these in the windows 10 Plex app i get 'Direct Play' when i look on the server so the files should be fully natively supported on my system. The problem I have is when i sync the items and try to play the synced file i get a black screen with the attached error message. Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions on a fix? I would be happy for the sync process to convert the audio since that seems to be causing the problem but it looks like nothing gets converted and the error message happens every time. Hope someone can help!

Answers