If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex stops after a few minutes on Roku

judyafjudyaf Posts: 5Members ✭✭

If I am watching something thru plex on roku for the first time after 3 minute or so plex will stop and go back to the roku home screen. It will keep doing this unless I reboot roku and then it will work. This just started happening and happens the first time I watch something on plex in a day

Answers

• Thx01Thx01 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Yes, I have been getting the same thing.

I have plex through the Roku channel, very simple, no "apps" and just like the OP, it plays for a few minutes and cuts out to the Roku home screen.

At first it seemed to do this initially once, then I go back in again and it plays, but now it is falling out every time, it plays no more than 3 minutes and cuts off, all the way through the program

Plex USED to work so well, I never had a problem with it, nowadays...

Also, about half the youtube vids I send in won't play, "Can't access" "different format" some excuse... then I go back the next day and it plays...

I really wish someone would fix this or even look at it, like I say, it used to work fine, it can be done!

Oh, and I reboot mine etc, try changing the settings, and it still does the same thing, very discouraging!

• a029771a029771 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I've even done a factory restore to no avail. Still has same issue

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,700Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,835Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We are running into a memory limitation issue on Roku 2XS/2XD and other seconds generation models. We released an update to our Plex Pass channel this morning to help alleviate some of those issues. It's possible a crash may still occur due to memory limitations. We are working with Roku on the final resolution, that may require changes on their end.

• logix7logix7 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

having the same issue. seem to be able to get around it by simply rebooting my roku before using plex. it works 9/10 times for me but still VERY annoying.

• logix7logix7 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

having the same issue. seem to be able to get around it by simply rebooting my roku before using plex. it works 9/10 times for me but still VERY annoying.

posting this in all the related posts. just trying to help everyone get by

@logix7 said:

Yes, thank you for posting that tip, mine will run most of the time after a Roku reboot.

Another thing, if you will back button out of a program just before it runs out, often you can go into another vid and that will run as well.

After about four of those though you have to reboot again.

Mine also falls out after I go through and remove about four videos, I'm just removing them, not watching them and it bumps out of Plex.

It will be great when they get this fixed and Plex runs the way it did for years without a glitch!

Thx :)

• timtlmtimtlm Posts: 103Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been having the same problem on my Roku 2 XS for a few weeks now. I will try the plex pass preview channel and report back.

Windows 10 x64 PMS / PHT
    Roku (3100), (3500), (4210)
    Android (Nexus 6P)
    iOS (iPad Air 1st Gen)