If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Live TV or recording on FreeNas

bubbapaulbubbapaul Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a problem with the Plex DVR running on FreeNas. When I try to watch live TV i get the following error "Unable to tune channel (Timed out)" and when I try to record I get an "unknown Error"
Setup
FreeNas 9.10.2
Plex 1.9.3
HDHomerun 20170815
1.8 TB of free storage

I know that the HDhome run is working because I can use Plex on my shield and watch live TV and record no problems. I get these errors when I try and run the PMS on Freenas.

looking at the logs it looks like the request to get a tuner from HDHomeRun is timing out.
I checked the HDHomeRun to make sure there were tuners available, and all 3 tuners were available.

Even thought Plex sees the HDHomeRun at setup, and I am able to Ping it from the FreeNas Jail Shell, I am wondering if there is something I am not setting right on the freeNas Jail that is keeping it from accessing the HDHomeRun tuners.

Attached are the logs
thx any support in advance

Answers