If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Latest plex preview crash

BokononBokonon Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Noticed there was an update to the plex preview to attempt to fix the crashing. Just tested it out and what used to be a soft crash that just took you back to the Roku channel guide is now a complete hard crash of the Roku.

Was really hopeful it would work, family is getting frustrated.

Best Answer

Answers

• startrkstartrk Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same. Starts playing and then reboots the Roku. Plex 1.9.2.4285

• logix7logix7 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

having the same issue. seem to be able to get around it by simply rebooting my roku before using plex. it works 9/10 times for me but still VERY annoying.

posting this in all the related posts. just trying to help everyone get by

• BokononBokonon Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had high expections that the latest preview version would fix it but no luck and it seems to be worse than before. I have 3 Roku and it only seems to be happening on on the Roku 2XS (over ethernet) the Roku 2XD (wifi) and Roku3 (wifi) are not having the same issues.

I certainly understand that Roku changed their code to deal with memory exhaustion and it's easy to blame them but perhaps there needs to be more extensive testing with aill available hardware you claim to supportl I'm sure I'll end up buying some new hardware to replace the only (and most used) device that is exhibiting this problem but I really am amazed this is an issue since the same files can easily be viewed on software/hardware that is far older than this generation of Roku.

Perhaps more time needs to be spent with the Plex/Roku team on developing a testing infrastructure to ensure compatibility across everything that is supposed to be supported.