If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Songs start playing from the middle

NebulaNebula Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Streaming songs from albums on my server, often the next song starts playing from the middle.

iPhone 6S Plus
iOS 11.0.1
Plex 4.18

Best Answers

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,365Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

Do you have the "Store track progress" setting on your music library set? If so, if you listen to half a song the next time it plays it is going to pick up at that point. This setting is more for audiobooks than regular music and you should probably turn it off.

Answers

• WormvortexWormvortex Posts: 2Members

I am having the exact same issue. Not sure if it’s something to do with stopping the song previously half way through it and it remembering the position.

• Thx And ByeThx And Bye Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 10

Not on iOS tho but I have the same problem with PLEX web since recently. So this seems to be a PMS problem and not of the client?

Accepted Answer

Do you have the "Store track progress" setting on your music library set? If so, if you listen to half a song the next time it plays it is going to pick up at that point. This setting is more for audiobooks than regular music and you should probably turn it off.

• NebulaNebula Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@adamskoog said:

Sorry, where do I check for that?

• NebulaNebula Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@adamskoog said:
    Click the '...' next to your music library -> Edit. Go to the Advanced tab and it will be the 3rd checkbox from the top. I don't believe it is enabled by default, but would certainly cause what you are seeing.

You've nailed it! It was selected! Maybe Plex has changed that to be a default setting... thanks!

Cool, glad we got you squared away. :)