If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Movies w/ mp3 soundtracks = silence

NODNOD Posts: 118Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 2011 in macOS/OS X (Mac)
Lion has become a total disaster
Sooo, any movie of mine w/ an mp3 soundtrack is completely silent. My mp3 music files are fine.

This all happened since I upgraded to Lion. I'm using 9.3.4.

Should I just roll back to SL and give up? B/c I've had all kinds of other major issues (AV sync, difficulty getting movies imported to media manager, and that says nothing of the fact that my first gen Drobo's are royally f$%^ed right now for writing speed w/ the Lion machines that use them)

Comments

• nerpissadnerpissad Plex Ninja Posts: 1,502Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    hi NOD,

can you check whether you are suffering from the 10.6.8 and 10.7 audio bug?
    this article will tell you how to workaround the issue ;)

[font="'Trebuchet MS"]What to do if you're new to Plex?
    [/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]First you should have a look at the [/font][font="'Trebuchet MS"]Plex Wiki[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"], its full of all sorts of useful information. For all initial set-up questions, the [/font][font="'Trebuchet MS"]screencasts[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"] are an invaluable source of answers.
    If you still can't solve your problem, your
    [/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]Plex log files[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"] are very useful source of inf[/font][font="'Trebuchet MS"]ormation. Zip them up and attach them to your post. [/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]
    [/font]