If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

A forum for each manufacture ??

Rather than having to scroll through pages of other manufacturer Plex problems to finally find posts related to the make of tv you own, why cant we have a separate forum for each as I'm sure the coding is not the same for each maufacture ?? it will make it a lot easier for the customer and plex staff ?? as none of my questions have been answered nor a lot of other users ??

Answers

• ArturoVFArturoVF Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That would be ideal.... but I'm afraid that the code is the same for all brands... and they are failing to maintain it.... it sucks... hope this get addressed....

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,764Members ✭✭✭✭

A link to updates to this app. By no means is it not been updated, I do not understand why you think so. Most are auto updated without user input. A quick look in PMS/devices will indicate the version

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/132141/plex-for-smart-tvs-tivo#latest

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• virgiliomivirgiliomi Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

They may have the same core codebase, but there are definitely things specific to each manufacturer that are going to be different. Plus, what formats and codecs each manufacturer works with natively is also going to different. I think that just like the PMS for NAS forum which has been broken into various manufacturers, the Smart TV forum could similarly be broken into sub-forums for each TV manufacturer supported.

• pickiepickie Posts: 53Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 7

@SE56 said:
    A link to updates to this app. By no means is it not been updated, I do not understand why you think so. Most are auto updated without user input. A quick look in PMS/devices will indicate the version

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/132141/plex-for-smart-tvs-tivo#latest

so explain why my 2017 LG OLED tv is running version 2.1.0 which was released 7/9/2016 ?? with no option to update and if I uninstall and reinstall plex from lg store this is the version I get ?

according to the list of releases 2.1.0 don't exsist 2.3.1 was released in 2014 ???

AS i said have you checked your devices in PMS for which version it shows

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

ok its reporting 3.13.1, but the app on the tv is from 2016 ?? how can app udates be happening if the app on the tv isn't updating ?

edited October 7

hmm no delete post

edited October 8

@pickie said:
    hmm no delete post

It auto updates, it's that simple. You will notice if it updates if Auto sign in being "enabled" changes to unchecked / disabled.

What do you mean Pickle "no delete post". You can edit, that's not to hard. I hope you now understand, so many jump to the conclusion it's never updating.

the confusion is that the app on the tv says it was last updated in 2016 ?? surely if the app on the tv IS being updated it would say updated to 3.13.3 25/9/2017 ?? are these server side updates and not to the app on the TV ??

@pickie said:
    the confusion is that the app on the tv says it was last updated in 2016 ?? surely if the app on the tv IS being updated it would say updated to 3.13.3 25/9/2017 ?? are these server side updates and not to the app on the TV ??

Go to app on your TV and check out settings, Top Right main page next to your avatar, now under "About" you will see the present version of your app listed along with your version of LG WebOS. The LG store/download page has the listing you mention, that is not the updated information. To guess, it probably easier this way due to lengthy LG approval process to have it changed every update. So for expedience of roll out of updates, which everyone begs to be down, I like this method.