If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

'scanning libbrary' info shows up OVER media

mickburkemickburke Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since the new version was pushed out, whenever a library updates if I'm watching a movie or other media the 'now re-scanning this or that library / files' that used to appear only over the menu, shows up OVER the media. Is there something I can do or is this just one of the bugs in the new version?

Best Answer

• mickburkemickburke Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Looks like the latest version has fixed it. Now only ten or twelve other major issues to fix with the release. I don't know what happened to the people making plex, but this release has been ridiculously buggy and they should be ashamed to push out an update like this. This garbage is just past ALPHA quality.

Answers

• Gh0stR1pp3rGh0stR1pp3r Posts: 1Members

You are talking about the notification bubble constantly coming over subtitles right? Truly boils me blood eh.

• ProgeekzyProgeekzy Posts: 40Members ✭✭

its really distracting, be getting into a movie or something then all of a sudden "scanning...." like, can we not? Ether do it silently and dont show me, or wait till later.

Yep. that's what I'm talking about. This new version is 'pretty' and all, but it's buggy as ****. I ca't imagine why they even pushed this out.. Acts like a beta.

• jacoblojacoblo Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 on this

Utterly insane why anyone would ever want to see that data and adding such a feature with no option for disable.

Accepted Answer

Looks like the latest version has fixed it. Now only ten or twelve other major issues to fix with the release. I don't know what happened to the people making plex, but this release has been ridiculously buggy and they should be ashamed to push out an update like this. This garbage is just past ALPHA quality.