If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error - Server Not Available

watrallwatrall Posts: 6Members ✭✭

On my Xbox One, I'm getting persistent error messages that my server is offline. Can access server perfectly fine in web client, iPad, and Android. Server is a Mac mini (running Sierra 10.12.6). Had been working perfectly fine yesterday, and nothing has changed in configuration or setup. Help?

Best Answer

Answers

• watrallwatrall Posts: 6Members ✭✭

FYI - my Xbox One shows up in the device list on the server

• draco0068draco0068 Posts: 23Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try removing and then re-adding on the PLEX server. Since update I had friends that had the same issue and this resolved it.

uninstalling/reinstalling plex server?

Completely reinstalled media server. Exact same problem persists

• gambitgambit Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 9

I think he means to remove and re-add the device in the device list on the server

Unfortunately, the didn't work either. I've removed and re-added (re-linked) the xbox and it still doesn't work.

Outstanding! #2 did the trick. Thanks much.

• gambitgambit Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Awesome glad it helped!!