If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Time bar not dissappearing after skipping 10 seconds / rewinding 10 seconds

Plex TesseractPlex Tesseract Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I have an appleTV 4th gen, and lately (as of the last week), 50% of the times I skip forward or rewind using the 10 seconds feature, the time bar does not disappear and I can see a spinning circle, same as if plex were loading content. The playback is not affected but the bar won't disappear unless I pause/play again (then it disappears normally). ANy idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Answers

• jayz78jayz78 Posts: 192Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue, except pausing/playing doesn't make it go away. It stayed on the screen during a 1hr tv show.

• finzzowntfinzzownt Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can make it go away by swiping the remote to show/hide the info bar. Pretty annoying.

• sbrentnsbrentn Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah, you can just tap the trackpad twice and it'll go away. a weird bug that popped up over a year ago, was fixed, and now is back.

• Plex TesseractPlex Tesseract Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 16

Hmmm! are the developers aware that this bug is back? it is indeed pretty annoying!

Also, is it a bug of the client? or the sever?

• gdiongdion Posts: 63Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's a bug with tvOS11, same thing happened to me yesterday with Plex and Netflix.

• Plex TesseractPlex Tesseract Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I see! maybe we should make apple aware then