If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sudden long buffer each second when watching a movie

I've been using Plex on my Samsung Tv for a long time now, I tried to watch a movie first in 1080p and it started to buffer like each half second for couple of seconds, really unbearable, I tried to change the streaming (?) way from auto to direct play and seems like the auto pick was always direct play, so I tried the 2 other (direct steam and transcoding I think) which worked perfectly but I could see a slight quality downgrade + the major deal is that I cant change the external subtitles font, size etc while watching the movie, only on direct play, I got custom options like 52 font which doesnt even effect the 2 other streaming ways so I tried to change the buffering quality and speed in the advanced options, I had it on default which is 10 and 7, got it to 3 3 and still the buffering was slow and the quality was like 240p so it only got worse. tried default and direct play with 720p and it still buffered, but each 2 seconds it buffered for a second.

My internet speed it

the same speed I had for the last couple of years.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• imso3kimso3k Posts: 4Members ✭✭

hmm nothing?

• SE56SE56 Posts: 1,675Members ✭✭✭✭

So your problem is when using subtities. Your Internet speed will not have anything to do with your local content consumption Quality.
    Your local network is it hardwired or wifi? If wifi try changing channels in Modem/router. You may have interference or congestion with your Wifi.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• imso3kimso3k Posts: 4Members ✭✭

@SE56 said:
    So your problem is when using subtities. Your Internet speed will not have anything to do with your local content consumption Quality.
    Your local network is it hardwired or wifi? If wifi try changing channels in Modem/router. You may have interference or congestion with your Wifi.

I tried playing with no subtitles at all and it still buffers at the same speed, and I'm using wired net

edited October 10

@imso3k said:

@SE56 said:

I tried playing with no subtitles at all and it still buffers at the same speed, and I'm using wired net

I would try in PMS/network/secure connections- Preferred. Restart your computer and modem/router

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

edited October 10

Also add your TV IP address to authorised in PMS network settings and you could look at reserving/static your LAN devices IP addresses in your Modem/Router. In your TV Plex app settings add your Servers IP address