If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Roku Client is crashing

Aevans0001Aevans0001 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

So I just added a lot of media, I have been converting my home dvd, blue ray collection into digital formats. Since then I have been having the most problems with plex for roku, but have been having problems also with plex for samsung. When I start a tv show it will play the opening credits and maybe 1 more minute and then the whole app resets without an error (on plex). oN sAMsung, it does the same thing, but after reseting it will not connect to server again. I am currently running 19.2.4285-9f65b88ae on my readynas server.

Answers

• Aevans0001Aevans0001 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I found my roku client logs

• lemme.carl@gmail.comlemme.carl@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am experiencing the same issue except I am running a windows 10 plex media server. my rokus are older however they have never had an issue until the last few weeks. I am running the same version 1.9.2.4285 currently and I am in the process of updating to Version 1.9.4.4325. hopefully that fixes our issues.

@lemme.carl please let me know! This has been killing me.

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,835Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We are running into a memory limitation issue on Roku 2XS/2XD and other seconds generation models. We released an update to our Plex Pass channel this morning to help alleviate some of those issues. It's possible a crash may still occur due to memory limitations. We are working with Roku on the final resolution, that may require changes on their end.

Thanks Junkie for the update!