If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles without transcoding (PS4 and Xbox One)

I know there are a bunch of forums about this, but can't find much info on if this will ever happen.

Will the Plex app for PS4 and Xbox One (have both in the house, different rooms) be able to display subtitles without transcoding? As it stands, I have had to encode all my movies which have non-english parts, to burn in the subtitles for those parts. In addition, if I don't have the choice of putting subtitles on if I need to be particularly quiet or something.

Is this something that will eventually be implemented into the apps? Is this the case for all Plex apps for other devices, or is this issue isolated to PS4 and Xbox?

Answers