If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The server "X" does not have a valid connection for casting. Check that the server is claimed

ferago42ferago42 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hello all. I just downloaded Plex, as I'm evaluating the product. It finished scanning my music, and when I try to cast to a Chromecast device, it will display the following error:

"The server "X" does not have a valid connection for casting. Check that the server is claimed in server settings"

Where X is the name of my computer with Plex installed. I'm not sure what does this mean, but I haven't been able to use Plex at all. I've been searching for this issue to no avail.

The PC has Windows 10 with Plex version 3.20.8. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• northern12northern12 Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same issue. No luck at all searching for an answer in the FAQ's.