If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I have been getting and 800040200 error all day now is this a bad update?

AuldPhartAuldPhart Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been getting and 800040200 error all day now is this a bad update? I have rebooted the Xbox One multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled the plex app. Every time I start the Plex app it stalls then gives the error 800040200 message. Suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,873Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

When googling 'xbox 800040200' the only result from the xbox support is this article:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-one/errors/error-code-0x80bd0006

It's a different error code then what you're posting, but no other article matching the 800040200 comes up and a search through the microsoft support site doesn't have any results either. And the xbox live status page shows everything is up except NBA2k18 which shouldn't be affecting apps.

• AuldPhartAuldPhart Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I apologize the correct error is 80040200. It is still occurring making the Xbox app unusable.

• AuldPhartAuldPhart Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep, That did it but you lose ALL your Xbox settings! It acts like a brand new install. Review your settings before your reset or be sad like me, you have been warned.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 285Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@AuldPhart said:
    Yep, That did it but you lose ALL your Xbox settings! It acts like a brand new install. Review your settings before your reset or be sad like me, you have been warned.

With the latest xbox update you can backup a lot of your settings to an external device. Might be worth doing that before reset just to make it easier. If you're not already an Xbox insider, you can easily join and the updates are close to production ready so not much risk in getting the latest updates.