If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server unresponsive

T&JPlexT&JPlex Posts: 7Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 10 in Windows

At least ones a day, my plex server goes unresponsive. (Freezing happened between 11:15am and 11:54am in the attached logs.) I am unable to regain connectivity unless I restart the computer that the server is housed on, or log out of that computer account and log back in. This connectivity issue is is both on my netowkr and when trying to access remotly from my iPhone. The plex server is wired via eth6 cable directly to my apple router. This router was purchased in the last 2 months brand new. I use Apple TV 4 as the primary streaming device for plex. This apple tv is on my home network and is also hard wired to the router.

Other than DHCP reservations for all plex using equipment (apple tv, Fire stick tv, and plex server) there is nothing special about the setup of my network. My son is the one that set this up for me. He has an identical set up at his house and has no issues. His server is on the same model and year Windows 7 machine, has the same apple router, same apple tv 4. We even compared settings on plex server and everything is the same. Windows fire wall on the server computer is also turned off. We just recently moved to this new windows 7 machine and the issues seem to have followed. All settings and info were moved from the prevous machine. Perhaps there are cache files or something alike with in the configuration that are causing problems.

We both are running the lates updates on all equipment. I am at a loss as to why this might be happening. Any help or pointer would be much appreciated.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.