If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex app for Samsung TV does not support 2160p?

I'm trying to play some 2160p files on the TV plex app and the screen freezes at the beginning even if the sounds plays normally. I have tried the same files with DLNA and it works perfectly on the TV so anyone knows what's the issue with Plex app?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• iamsmittycgiamsmittycg Posts: 1Members

I have same issue...download 4k star wars rouge one. While streaming from plex it freezes really bad. plex is trying to stream the movie at 47mgbs. The movie is 4k HDR 7.1 dolby surround sound. Size is 43gb

• RobitzaRobitza Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonoH said:
    works for me here Q7C latest flex, direct play.

I can confirm, direct play works. Thanks!

• lalala123456lalala123456 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

What are the specs of the file? What Tizen/Plex versions and TV?

Mine:
    Samsung KS7000, firmware 1201
    Tizen 2.4.0
    Plex 3.1.0 (3.8.0) whatever that means!

Direct Stream is unchecked. Direct Play is checked.

GoGT2 (2160p, HEVC @ 45Mb/s, 23.976fps, TrueHD, mkv) will play for a maximum of 5 seconds before buffering. Eventually it gives up, and reports that the file couldn't be played within a certain time or something to that effect. Is it the audio that's being converted?

The Revenant (2160p, HEVC @ 20Mb/s, 23.976fps, AAC audio, mkv) seems to work well.

• lalala123456lalala123456 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

@lalala123456 said:
    What are the specs of the file? What Tizen/Plex versions and TV?

Mine:
    Samsung KS7000, firmware 1201
    Tizen 2.4.0
    Plex 3.1.0 (3.8.0) whatever that means!

Direct Stream is unchecked. Direct Play is checked.

GoGT2 (2160p, HEVC @ 45Mb/s, 23.976fps, TrueHD, mkv) will play for a maximum of 5 seconds before buffering. Eventually it gives up, and reports that the file couldn't be played within a certain time or something to that effect. Is it the audio that's being converted?

The Revenant (2160p, HEVC @ 20Mb/s, 23.976fps, AAC audio, mkv) seems to work well.

Tried the AC3 stream in GoGT2 and it still buffers. Created an AAC stream also and tried this. Again, buffering.