If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

HEVC 10Bit hardware decoding?

AgentDrTranAgentDrTran Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is HEVC 10Bit hardware decoding support planned for PMP? I see HDR is planned but a lot of the 4k HDR content I can find is also 10 bit, and my Plex PC isn't powerful enough to decode this.

Best Answers

Answers

• AgentDrTranAgentDrTran Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@vlang said:
    Depends on the OS and GPU. On Windows, it should be supported if the GPU does. On OSX it'll take some time until it's properly supported (if the OSX APIs make it possible). On Embedded I'm currently not sure - might still require updating the software base, and Intel's "hybrid" decoding won't be available.

Also keep in mind that hardware decoding is off in PMP by default.

Ok, so to clarify, if your GPU supports it on Windows, you can hardware decode 4k 10bit content (and HDR in the future)?

• boomslang06boomslang06 Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

my video stutters on 1050 ti 4GB and its using 99% CPU , is there special setting i need to set in MP /PMS ?
    i tried MPC-HC and it works great no stuttering at all, 6% CPU and 45% GPU usage . but i would rather use plex instead.

Plex Server: Xeon L5638 20GB RAM 12TB HDD | PHT : Benq W1070, Elite Screens 110in ELECTRIC110H, Samsung UN40KU6300

• vlangvlang Posts: 1,615Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Go to the TV fullscreen UI, enable hardware decoding in the settings. Did you already try that? Does it help? If not, please post a playback log (https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/207338748-Plex-Media-Player-Logs).

• boomslang06boomslang06 Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

got it working last night , i think cause i disabled IGPU in bios.

Plex Server: Xeon L5638 20GB RAM 12TB HDD | PHT : Benq W1070, Elite Screens 110in ELECTRIC110H, Samsung UN40KU6300