If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Managed User doesn't have option to switch user

cawiebecawiebe Posts: 217Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Weirdest thing. The only two options are Settings and Offline Mode. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the channel. Still no option to change users.

Best Answer

Answers

• darozdaroz Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same thing here.

• cawiebecawiebe Posts: 217Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yikes! I had no idea my local setup was so dependent on the Plex 'cloud' working. Thanks for the info - I'll assume it will be working by tomorrow.

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,186Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@cawiebe said:
    Yikes! I had no idea my local setup was so dependent on the Plex 'cloud' working. Thanks for the info - I'll assume it will be working by tomorrow.

Hopefully much sooner! Not all services are dependent on the cloud. Many PMS features should work locally, but yes managed users are cloud dependent.

Search our Knowledge Base for more help

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,186Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Plex.tv is now back online.

Search our Knowledge Base for more help