If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server Issues (MP4 Playback and Cover Art)

DobboR1DobboR1 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I have the 16Gb Shield and have installed the Plex Server. I have been running Plex for years with no issues using my PC as the server and a NAS for storage. The Plex on the Shield loads up the Movies no problem but I cannot play MP4 movies and also the cover art on my home movies and clips are not showing as they did no problem from the PC.

Any ideas please?

Jeff

Answers

• rouqrouq Posts: 352Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 11

What is PMS version installed on your Shield? The latest one is 1.9.2. If it's not what you have, on your PC, go on Google play store and search for plex media server. Click install and log in using the same Google account. Select your Shield in the drop down menu. This will push the latest release on your Shield. After that, pms will be linked to your Google account and next releases will appear in the Google play app.

• DobboR1DobboR1 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Looks like I needed to update the Plex Server Version. Just going though the install of the media files now and so far so good. Thanks