If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video stops playing when I wake up phone

nylawnylaw Posts: 2Members

I am running IOS 11 on an 8 plus. When my phone sleeps (screen goes black) and I wake it and get into the Plex app, the video stops. I also lose the Chromecast connection. This never happened before. I have to try and turn off Chromcast, shut the app, open the app, select the video again, restart Chromecast. It's 50/50 if it restarts where it left off. This is getting to be a PITA. Any suggestions?

As an aside, I was running my desktop (Plex Server) off my Asus router for years with never an issue. Now it isn't working outside the network. I looked at the help articles and it seems I am running as double NAT. As I said it ran this way for years. For now I have it connected into the providers modem and it seems to be working again. Not sure what has changed.

Answers

• nylawnylaw Posts: 2Members

Does anyone read these? Still having the same issue. The double nat issue is resolved but still having the app stop playing video when I wake the phone up.