If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Same file played on plex media player: locally (Direct Stream) Remotely (Transcoded), Remote freezes

K_M_A_2k16K_M_A_2k16 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Wouldn't be the end of the world but also the remote play freezes after 2-5 minutes & i have to close plex media player & reopen it & start playing.

I tried regressing to older verions of plex media player even ones before the current new visual overhaul & i have the same problems. This was never a problem until the last 30 days. Not sure if its the transcoding problem why the freezing is happening but its unwatchable remotely

All settings on both local & remote plex media player are the same.

Remote Transcoding
Video H264 to H264
Audio AAC to OPUS

Its doing this on 6 different movies i tested both remotely/locally but ALL videos are doing this remotely i just tested 6 both local & remote to verify its not the file.

Answers

• Sonnyboy666Sonnyboy666 Posts: 165Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I reinstalled Windows 10 on my Intel NUC And have the same Problem since then.
    Not able To solve this since yesterday.

****My Plex Setup:****
    * PMS on a Dell Poweredge T30 Server running DSM 6.1
    * 2 Android Smartphones and 2 Android Tablets running Plex for Android
    * 1 Raspberry Pi 3 running Plex Media Player with a Samsung HD TV
    * 1 Intel-NUC 6CAYH running Plex Media Player with a Philips 4K TV
    * Custom Windows 10 PC running Plex for Windows