If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Shuffling music doesn't seem to working properly in 2.1.1

ionblueionblue Posts: 517Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For some reason when I go into a music playlist and hit shuffle, it only seems to be shuffling through a few artists. One list with over 2300 songs and it just cycles through 3 or 4 artists and they start with A or B. Very weird.

I tried stopping and shuffling again and that didn't help. Still all the same artists and songs. Any ideas?

Mac mini (mid 2011) 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 - MacOS 10.12.5 - Panasonic GT50 (60 inch) - Yamaha YSP-5100 - TowerSTOR TS4CT 9TB

Answers

• HarvesterOfEyesHarvesterOfEyes Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here. I reported this over three weeks ago and received no response whatsoever. I removed the poorly coded mess they released and reinstalled the previous version and all is well.

• ionblueionblue Posts: 517Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Doesn’t surprise me, the lack of acknowledgement from Plex. They sure have changed as they’ve grown up.

Mac mini (mid 2011) 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 - MacOS 10.12.5 - Panasonic GT50 (60 inch) - Yamaha YSP-5100 - TowerSTOR TS4CT 9TB