If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to get direct access to server with secure connection

federicosergiofedericosergio Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi everyone.
I'm here because I'm having a few weird issues connecting to my Plex Server.
Whenever I try to connect to it from another PC with a secure connection, BOTH inside or outside my local network, I can only get indirect connection through relay (with all the limitations that come with it).
However, disabling Secure Connections on my server, I can flawlessly get direct connection to it, even from the outside.
To make things even weirder, my android phone can always get a direct connection, regardless the fact that I'm using a Secure connection or not, inside or outside my local network.
Server Version: 3.20.8 Running on Windows 7 UPnP enabled in my router. No VPNs.
I can't see where the issue is here, maybe you can help me sort this out.

Answers

• federicosergiofedericosergio Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Double post, I'm really sorry, I didn't get anything on screen after posting the first time, so I thought it failed.

• federicosergiofedericosergio Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Quick note: today I installed the new update that rolled out recently, and the problem persists.