If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

manual upgrade to plex 1.9.4 on freenas 11

dnmoulderdnmoulder Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have searched for days and just cant seem to find what I'm looking for but I am trying to do the manual upgrade from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Answers

• johnm_ColaSCjohnm_ColaSC Posts: 1,698Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Go to https://www.plex.tv/downloads/. Click the download link and choose your OS. Ensure Plex Pass Downloads is set to On.

Primary Plex Media Server
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i5-3570K, 32GB RAM
    Post Processing with MCEBuddy 2.4.7 & Comskip 0.81.093
    Test Servers: MacBook Pro, Nvidia Shield TV (16GB), Windows Laptop, Ubuntu VM
    HDHR Connect (2), HDHR Dual, HDHR Extend, HDHR Prime
    Clients - Windows, iOS, Roku, Samsung TV, Fire TV, Nvidia Shield

• BillyPrefectBillyPrefect Posts: 98Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It’s really a painful process to manually install from a download / much better off to wait the couple of days more that it’ll take for the port or pkg to be ready

Plex Media Server Plex-Pass.

• dnmoulderdnmoulder Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm running plex on a FreeNAS box and from what I understand the plex-pass version is not available to download and is only available through a manual upgrade. Are there instructions for this process?

• SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just use pkg to install plexpass version but things haven't been updated recently. We need to update the port.

edited October 12

The Plexpass option is there - I use ports so it’s a process for me.
    Portsnap fetch
    Portsnap extract

Then to install ...
    CD /usr/ports/multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass && make install clean

Updating is
    Portsnap fetch
    Portsnap update

Usually there isn’t a lot of time lost between the update being available to download and the ports and packages being updated as well, but it almost seems like it’s taking a bit longer for the last few updates.

Last update was September 26 to get it up to 1.9.2.4285

• chapindadchapindad Posts: 171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/tutorial-how-to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-9-10-jail.19412/

This is my favorite Tutorial. For Plex Pass just add "-plexpass" to the pkg installs and "_plexpass" to the service to start and stop it.

I believe he was looking for the upgrade to 1.9.4 - and we are all stuck waiting on that

And there it finally is ! 1.9.4 for regular folks and 1.9.5 (?) for plexpass

Freshports.org

• MrScrewzlooseMrScrewzloose Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 15

for whatever reason I'm unable to update from 1.9.2 to 1.9.5 via pkg update... says pkg is up to date. meh, took a couple days after release to Freshports for it to be available.