If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sony BDP Opera not loading Plex

I've been using the Plex app through Opera TV on my BDP-S3700 since mid February.

It was all fine until Tuesday. Suddenly when launching Opera TV I get a message about it now being Vewd. If I start the app (still listed in Favorites) I get a dialog about launching a browser then a not supported message as it loads a page at sony.tvstore.opera.com

Setup a developer account and loaded plex.tv/web/tv/opera using the URL loader.
It works fine.

So, what's going on with the Plex app link I've been using for the last 8 months?
Appears to be related to the change to Vewd, as I did not see that Monday when everything worked fine, but it was there Tuesday.

While the ULR loader is a workaround, it's even less convenient and not something the rest of the family can do. The old method was bad enough, but at least it presented a recognizable icon.

I'd just buy a Roku but I don't have enough HDMI inputs on my AVR for another device.

Best Answer

• ST DogST Dog Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited November 11 Accepted Answer

Thought I had updated here.

Vewd sent another user on the Sony forum this message
    https://community.sony.com/t5/Blu-Ray-Netflix-Online-Video/Sony-BDP-S3700-OperaTV-not-loading-Plex/td-p/650061/page/2
    I can confirm that your device is the 2016 model that is affected by the issue i've mentioned.
    From your description it looks like exact issue we've already confirmed on our side and are working on fixing currently.
    We've already fixed Plex application, so it should be working for you now. However, some of the apps in the store can still be blocked on this device.
    We already know what the problem is, so we should be able to fix other apps as well tomorrow or in next coming days.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Answers

• I'm dealing with the same issue. BDP-S6700, instead of the 3700. I had JUST finished organizing my music and videos, too. :( (I've only had Plex set up for a couple of weeks.)

What do you mean about setting up a developer account? Where did you set it up? Plex? Sony?

Debating about getting a cheap Android phone with screen casting ability and loading Plex on that and just screen casting when I want to watch my videos or listen to my music.

via Email
    Opera TV account
    http://mattpilz.com/how-to-unofficially-install-the-plex-app-on-opera-tv-if-its-not-available/
    Thursday, 12 October 2017, 04:18PM -05:00 from the-skees@sylvantrails.com forums+d291336-s6025034@plex.tv :
  • alphajamiealphajamie Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a SONY TV, model KDL-60W850B and have been using the PLEX app for years, and recently spent the money on a lifetime PLEX Pass because of how well everything has worked. Now I can not load the PLEX app at all... when I go to the Vewd (formerly Opera) store, the PLEX app isn’t even there...

Very disappointed and wondering what the return policy is for the PLEX Pass.

My player updated tonight and now the Plex app is no longer listed in Vewd. Even where I had it in my Favorites.

But the URL Loader for developers still works and loads Plex.

However setting up for that appears to only work using Chrome now (Firefox worked before).

The app not listed happened before which is why the page I linked even exists.

Another update tonight and magically my favorite is back and launches the Plex app.

edited November 11 Accepted Answer

Thought I had updated here.

Vewd sent another user on the Sony forum this message
    https://community.sony.com/t5/Blu-Ray-Netflix-Online-Video/Sony-BDP-S3700-OperaTV-not-loading-Plex/td-p/650061/page/2
    I can confirm that your device is the 2016 model that is affected by the issue i've mentioned.
    From your description it looks like exact issue we've already confirmed on our side and are working on fixing currently.
    We've already fixed Plex application, so it should be working for you now. However, some of the apps in the store can still be blocked on this device.
    We already know what the problem is, so we should be able to fix other apps as well tomorrow or in next coming days.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!