If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Different paths

DeadVoivodDeadVoivod Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I set up my Plex on my PC first, but now I managed to run it on my Synology (DS2413+ with DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 6).

I didn't want to redo all of my movies and series of course, as it took me several days to do so, and I just don't want to go through the whole process again. As you cannot sync both, which is still very unfortunate in my opinion, I just copied the files over.

The Media folder, and the Metadata folder, copied from local PC to NAS.

But it's not showing up when I start it, and I guess it's simply because the PC uses different paths, like z:\multimedia\movies..., and the NAS uses the \volume1\multimedia\movies... path.

I found the db files under Databases (of course), opened them, and can see that inside it shows for all my movies and series the z:\multimedia path, so I wonder if it will work if I copy the db files from the PC over to the Databases folder on the NAS, and just replace the paths to the correct ones starting with \volume1\multimedia.

Also noticed that on the PC it uses \ as opposed to the NAS which uses /, so I might have to change those too.

Would that work?

Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• DeadVoivodDeadVoivod Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok, will do. Sorry I didn't read further, as I read indeed your very helpful and helping FAQ, but I only read it until Q24, the one with iTunes, my bad, sorry, should have read further ;)

• DeadVoivodDeadVoivod Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Btw, tried that now, and it seems to work fine, awesome, days, perhaps weeks of hard work saved, thanks again.

Btw, I remember seeing the plexmediaserver.pid file, although I can't locate it anymore?