If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playback problems with Captain Underpance

andybowdenandybowden Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have made a rip in MKV format (max quality) of Captain Underpants. When i play the film back every few seconds the picture corrupts with green and pink blocks. All my other films ripped in the same way play perfectly. The max bit rate of the film peaks about 30Mbps bits. I have other films that peak at over 50Mbps without any troubles. I am playing the film from a NAS but have also tried from a USB 3 memory stick with the same problem. If i use VLC to play the film from either source the film plays fine. If i get Plex to transcode at 20Mbps 1080 it plays fine. It doesn't seem to be a bandwidth issue. I have the same prob with 1 other film too. Any ideas please?

Answers

• andybowdenandybowden Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update - I have just tried the same file using Plex for Windows clients and it plays correctly. Are there any tweaks I can make to the Shield version of Plex?