If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Random crashes and generally awful

jasondunnjasondunn Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I bought a new Fire TV and was excited to get a faster, smoother experience using Plex than I was getting from my three year old Roku. Imagine my disappointment then when, time after time, the Plex app on my Fire TV would crash and generally glitch out. If it wasn't crashing, it was unable to connect to my Plex server. It also lacks core features - namely the display of remaining video time - that I've grown accustomed to on my Roku.

Since Plex is THE core experience I bought this for, I returned the Fire TV and bought an Apple TV 4K instead. I haven't had a chance to use Plex on it yet, but I am sincerely hoping it's more stable than the Fire TV app. I know that Plex doesn't particularly care which device customers use to access their Plex experience, but they SHOULD care that their Fire TV app is so bug-ridden it's creating an extremely negative experience.

Answers