If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Photos

Philly30Philly30 Posts: 43Members ✭✭

Is there anyway to shuffle the photos?, I can on the IOS app or my PC

Answers

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,190Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Not at this time, but the feature has been added to the list of feature requests to be considered.

Search our Knowledge Base for more help

• dreamer81dreamer81 Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kinoCharlino said:
    Not at this time, but the feature has been added to the list of feature requests to be considered.

And on that list it has been for many years now. The whole photos option is useless without simple slideshow functionality. How many of you goes shares pictures on a phone/tablet/computer anymore? none. We all do it while sitting in the couch with the whole family around - problem is that we can't start any slideshows of the photo albums.

I find it hard to believe that plex team haven't seen this problem, they are obviously not using photos themselves, otherwise they would have noticed how useless it is right now.

• Mike-DKMike-DK Posts: 1Members

I would also love that it would be possible to use Plex for photo's.
    When we are trying to show our photos on the big screen, it takes between 10-60 sec. for a picture to load. In other words - Plex is useless for photos for the time being.