If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

4K on Apple TV 5. Gen

phu@mailpass.chphu@mailpass.ch Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 12 in Apple TV

Hi,
I can not play my 4K movies directly, my plex server always uses transcoding. Is an update planned for that? The tvOS.xml fix does not work, it uses the transcoded instead of playing the movies directly...

Tagged:

Answers

• mjw1999mjw1999 Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 13

@phu@mailpass.ch said:
    Hi,
    Is an update planned for that?

Let us all know when you find an answer to that.

PMS Imac 5k 2014 i7,Apple TV 4K, Apple TV4, Apple TV3, iOS devices, Surface pro 4.

• phu@mailpass.chphu@mailpass.ch Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 13

Unfortunately I only found a "solution" with the modification of the tvOS.xml file. That solution does not suitable for me because the plex transcoder is still active and consumes about 90% of my available CPU ressources I only get a 1080p resolution.
    Some users report that direct play was working after they made these changes.