If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Vizio

I have a VIZIO tv model P502ui-B1E. Plex used to work but now just loops over and over from the PLEX startup graphic to network disconnected....its showing as version 1.0.1. I have contacted VIZIO but they were unable to resolve the issue. What, if anything can I do to get this to work again. BTW the newtowk disconnected issue...it's not disconnected so Im not sure why it does that...anyway....the app works on my ROKU and playstation 4. It also works fine on my girlfriends VIZIO smart tv whis is just a little newer then mine.

Answers

• grhinergrhiner Posts: 155Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had a similar problem with the network disconnecting. Vizio's wifi antennae/connectivity is very poor. Some solve this by hard wiring to the home network. I bought a wireless range extender/booster and solved @ 80-90% of the network issues, but I finally went with a chrome cast ultra and have had no issues whatsoever.

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,174Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It's possible the app data is corrupt. Try this:

1. Uninstall the Plex app
    2. Turn off/shut down your device
    3. Unplug it for ~5 minutes to allow the cache to clear and charge to dissipate
    4. Boot up the device
    5. Install the Plex app fresh

In some extreme cases, even that may not be sufficient and a factory reset could be tried, which is often the only way to actually fully clear all cached app data, unfortunately.

Search our Knowledge Base for more help