If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Poster "Icons" gone on VIZIO TV

After the upgrade to Version 1.9.4.4325 the poster "icons" on the Plex app on the VIZIO TV have disappeared. Content plays fine.

Plex for Vizio (Vizio MTK)
Plex for Vizio
Vizio (Vizio MTK)

Best Answer

• Philk18Philk18 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

For me, it looks like the plex app on the vizio tv will only allow a specific number of posters/images. After i cleaned up some "junk" videos, the posters came back. I'm wondering if it is a limit due to the memory size of the smart tv or coding of the app.

Answers

Posters from other Plex systems show up fine.

• fragdfragd Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 16

Yup, I am experiencing this too. Wasn't a problem until the update. It might help to note that I am running freenas for the server.

Accepted Answer

For me, it looks like the plex app on the vizio tv will only allow a specific number of posters/images. After i cleaned up some "junk" videos, the posters came back. I'm wondering if it is a limit due to the memory size of the smart tv or coding of the app.