If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Problem running Plex Media Server QNAP

TPwireNASTPwireNAS Posts: 2Members

Hello,

I have been update to last version of PLEX media server for QNAP. Before this update i could use PLEX media server without problem. However, when I click:

Is redirected to the following page:

But this page is not the page of Plex Media Server.

Any help please?

Best Answers

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,921Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    1. QNAP model ?
    2. Did you remove the previous PMS version, or did you install over the existing one ?

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• TPwireNASTPwireNAS Posts: 2Members
    1. QNAP Model: TS-453B mini 8GB ram
    2. I installed over the existing one. However, when i saw that it not run properly, i uninstalled and i installed the last version.
  • MwC_TrexxMwC_Trexx Posts: 168Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 19

@moody_blue said:
    4. Finally, you cannot have container station installed, and in case you have more than one network interface active, take a look at Q21 in FAQ

That actually isn't a true statement. I have been running PMS on my NAS w/Container Station also present for months with no issues.

Now there are some things I would recommend doing such as defining the LAN Network that help alleviate potential issues, but assuming your networking is properly configured (big assumption I know in most cases) Plex & container station can co-exist just fine.

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 18,380Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    edited October 19

I will add the do co-exist fine. PMS, container station, and virtualization station.

The most important piece of the puzzle is the use of a Virtual Switch. When a V-switch is used, the IP is moved from the actual adapter to the outer edge of the V-switch. Doing so isolates the container station virtual adapters / net from the physical which is then mapped into the V-switch. The end result is a single, proper, IP for PMS to see.

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support forums: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility List

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.