If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex player for PlayStation 4 with system software 5.0 crashes and non responsive

AnuruddhaAnuruddha Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi I just open a plex player in PS4 and it crashes everytime. we can use it for 1 or 2 seconds after that app freezes itself. I open the app and tried several times but no luck. anybody experience it?

~Anuruddha~

Plex is the best :)

Comments

  • hit playhit play Posts: 68Members ✭✭

    Can't say I've experienced much crashes with it.. it dishes out the odd usual error with a blue background if left suspended for over 30 minutes but apart from that it runs flawlessly for me. Have you tried restoring your consoles database?

    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

    You could also try deleting the app and re-downloading it.

    Server OS: Windows 10
    Server Setup: Direct Play
    Storage: 3 TB D-Link Share Center
    Client Devices: PlayStation 4 - Apple TV
    Other Devices: Sky Q 1 TB - Sony 49" TV

  • AnuruddhaAnuruddha Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    Thank you for the reply mate. No I haven't tried it. It worked fine until I update my PS4 system software to version 5.

    ~Anuruddha~

    Plex is the best :)

  • hit playhit play Posts: 68Members ✭✭

    @Anuruddha said:
    Thank you for the reply mate. No I haven't tried it. It worked fine until I update my PS4 system software to version 5.

    I see.

    Players have been getting this error E-801809A8, it has been known to render their consoles useless.

    If I was in your situation - I would call PlayStation support.

    U.S. - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

    U.K. - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/

    Quick note, it's recommended to call them for problems relating to 5.00.

    You're welcome.

    Server OS: Windows 10
    Server Setup: Direct Play
    Storage: 3 TB D-Link Share Center
    Client Devices: PlayStation 4 - Apple TV
    Other Devices: Sky Q 1 TB - Sony 49" TV

  • AnuruddhaAnuruddha Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @hit play said:

    @Anuruddha said:
    Thank you for the reply mate. No I haven't tried it. It worked fine until I update my PS4 system software to version 5.

    I see.

    Players have been getting this error E-801809A8, it has been known to render their consoles useless.

    If I was in your situation - I would call PlayStation support.

    U.S. - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

    U.K. - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/

    Quick note, it's recommended to call them for problems relating to 5.00.

    You're welcome.

    It's not the problem. I haven't received any error code after I upgrade to the latest ps4 firmware. Everything in my ps4 works fine except plex. It freezes after couple of seconds.

    ~Anuruddha~

    Plex is the best :)

  • hit playhit play Posts: 68Members ✭✭

    @Anuruddha said:

    @hit play said:

    @Anuruddha said:
    Thank you for the reply mate. No I haven't tried it. It worked fine until I update my PS4 system software to version 5.

    I see.

    Players have been getting this error E-801809A8, it has been known to render their consoles useless.

    If I was in your situation - I would call PlayStation support.

    U.S. - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

    U.K. - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/

    Quick note, it's recommended to call them for problems relating to 5.00.

    You're welcome.

    It's not the problem. I haven't received any error code after I upgrade to the latest ps4 firmware. Everything in my ps4 works fine except plex. It freezes after couple of seconds.

    Okay.

    Did you rebuild the database? like I advised earlier. I also advised deleting the app and re-installing it to see if that fixes it.

    Server OS: Windows 10
    Server Setup: Direct Play
    Storage: 3 TB D-Link Share Center
    Client Devices: PlayStation 4 - Apple TV
    Other Devices: Sky Q 1 TB - Sony 49" TV

  • AnuruddhaAnuruddha Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    No I haven't rebuild the database or reinstall the app. I will try to reinstall it. Let's see will it help.

    ~Anuruddha~

    Plex is the best :)

  • hit playhit play Posts: 68Members ✭✭

    @Anuruddha said:
    No I haven't rebuild the database or reinstall the app. I will try to reinstall it. Let's see will it help.

    One of them should fix it but I can't promise anything.

    If rebuilding or re-installing the app doesn't work, contacting PlayStation would be your best bet.

    Server OS: Windows 10
    Server Setup: Direct Play
    Storage: 3 TB D-Link Share Center
    Client Devices: PlayStation 4 - Apple TV
    Other Devices: Sky Q 1 TB - Sony 49" TV

  • AnuruddhaAnuruddha Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @hit play said:

    @Anuruddha said:
    No I haven't rebuild the database or reinstall the app. I will try to reinstall it. Let's see will it help.

    One of them should fix it but I can't promise anything.

    If rebuilding or re-installing the app doesn't work, contacting PlayStation would be your best bet.

    I uninstalled the plex app and reinstalled it. But nothing works but app gave me a error "Direct connection unavailable" and a link to https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/216766168
    **So what I did is gone to SETTINGS->NETWORK and Secure connections = disabled. **
    Then I open the app. It worked like a charm :)

    may be PS4 plex app not yet supported to secure connections :/

    ~Anuruddha~

    Plex is the best :)

  • hit playhit play Posts: 68Members ✭✭

    @Anuruddha said:

    @hit play said:

    @Anuruddha said:
    No I haven't rebuild the database or reinstall the app. I will try to reinstall it. Let's see will it help.

    One of them should fix it but I can't promise anything.

    If rebuilding or re-installing the app doesn't work, contacting PlayStation would be your best bet.

    I uninstalled the plex app and reinstalled it. But nothing works but app gave me a error "Direct connection unavailable" and a link to https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/216766168
    **So what I did is gone to SETTINGS->NETWORK and Secure connections = disabled. **
    Then I open the app. It worked like a charm :)

    may be PS4 plex app not yet supported to secure connections :/

    Glad you got it sorted. :smile:

    Server OS: Windows 10
    Server Setup: Direct Play
    Storage: 3 TB D-Link Share Center
    Client Devices: PlayStation 4 - Apple TV
    Other Devices: Sky Q 1 TB - Sony 49" TV

  • AnuruddhaAnuruddha Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @hit play said:

    @Anuruddha said:

    @hit play said:

    @Anuruddha said:
    No I haven't rebuild the database or reinstall the app. I will try to reinstall it. Let's see will it help.

    One of them should fix it but I can't promise anything.

    If rebuilding or re-installing the app doesn't work, contacting PlayStation would be your best bet.

    I uninstalled the plex app and reinstalled it. But nothing works but app gave me a error "Direct connection unavailable" and a link to https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/216766168
    **So what I did is gone to SETTINGS->NETWORK and Secure connections = disabled. **
    Then I open the app. It worked like a charm :)

    may be PS4 plex app not yet supported to secure connections :/

    Glad you got it sorted. :smile:

    Thank you.

    ~Anuruddha~

    Plex is the best :)

Sign In or Register to comment.