If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung 2017 Tizen 3.0 Plex Clock Wrong

TheOboTheObo Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a 2017 Samsung UE49M5600AK TV running it's latest firmware (1144) and Tizen 3.0 with Plex 3.10. (3.8.0)

The Clock on the TV is set to Auto which gives the correct time (10:27am).
For some reason the Plex App has the Clock at 1:53am!

There are no longer any time settings in the Plex App. Changing the TV time to manual and moving it forward 8 hours makes no difference to the clock in Plex.

Where is Plex getting it's time from? How can I change it?

Answers

• TheOboTheObo Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The weird thing is at 11:00pm the Plex clock then said 2:25am! So it's not even a consistent amount from the correct time.
    I think I read somewhere about needing to open a specific port on your router for NTP?

• TheOboTheObo Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone have any ideas?

• softeristsofterist Posts: 40Members ✭✭

@TheObo are subtitles running corectly on your TV? I mean .srt files external.
    I have 2016 model and subtitles are always out of sync.
    Sorry for offtopic.