If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Turn off subtitles live TV.

malice890malice890 Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am unable to turn off subtitles while watching live tv on my iphone, i am not able to find a setting on the plex server side or anything within the plex app. when i change subtitle looks under settings>general>accessibility>subtitles & captioning i can change the look of the subtitles but not turn them off... any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• skipdog77skipdog77 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem - Live TV with IOS app - subtitles are forced on and impossible to turn off. Can someone from Plex confirm? I can provide logs.

Is this a bug with the IOS PLEX player? When I stream live TV from iPhone or iPad I cannot turn subtitles off.

tuner: silicondust HD
    plex versions: all - including 1.10 that just released

• edsaiedsai Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is broke for me too. So frustrating.

Plex Devs: would debugs help or are you aware of the issue?

• sld3258sld3258 Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here as well. Is Plex working on a fix? I see that this thread is going on two months old...

• purd002purd002 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue on ios 11.2 and latest version of PMS.

• dave84robertsondave84robertson Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. I can turn them off in recordings but not live streaming.

• NeltechNeltech Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. Unable to turn them off in live tv.

• NasThunNasThun Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem, and i get texttv blocking the hole picture, so i can't watch anything

• NasThunNasThun Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

settings->language->subtitles = manual
    that fixed it for me

• roycepoperoycepope Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here. Running PMS Version 1.11.0.4666 on an HDHomeRun. I can't seem to turn off subtitles during LiveTV. Not sure if it helps but commercials do not seem to be affected and do not show subtitles.

• Yves TessierYves Tessier Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue, updated to version 1.11.0.4666. Updated HDHomeRun to version 20171221 and can't turn off subtitle during liveTV on Apple TV. But no subtitle when liveTV playing on Web broswer like Chrome.

• Yves TessierYves Tessier Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex DEV :
    any update on this issue ? look like is on iOS only

• IT MonkeyIT Monkey Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having this same issue, I can find no way to turn off captions when viewing live TV on my Apple TV. How is this not a setting in the pull-down menu?

• IT MonkeyIT Monkey Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Found that if you turn off captions in AppleTV's settings, it disables them in Plex live TV. There should be an easier way.

• soupiejrsoupiejr Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't think the devs ever visit the forums. I've been reading most forum posts and most of them remain unresolved or solved by other forum posters like us. I'm not sure what can be accomplished by our posting here, really.

• dpwi5edpwi5e Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 10

@NasThun said:
    settings->language->subtitles = manual
    that fixed it for me

Fixed it for me!...although a per player option would be better then the global option in server settings ^

• SumOfOneIntegerSumOfOneInteger Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Were you able to find a solution? I'm experiencing the same on the apple tv.

• putsch80putsch80 Posts: 2Members

Do any devs actually visit this forum? It's been an ongoing issue for month with zero support or recognition.

• Joost1991Joost1991 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue, Please fix!