If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When will the Heos App have Plex integration.

philip.ousby@bigpond.comphilip.ousby@bigpond.com Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Maybe this is a question for Heos. I am able to play music on Heos Wireless Speakers from my QNAP NAS. The Heos app has one option for Music Servers which allows my to navigate to the Plex Server. The problem however is that this doesn't allow you to access Music Playlists. When you have a lot of music (500gb) it is impossible to scroll through the music to find what you want. The only way to do it is to use Playlists. The Heos App needs a Plex Option along with buttons for Tunein Spotify etc.
The Sonos App has Plex Integration which is frustrating to me as a Heos user. Heos and Plex need to get together!

Answers

• gsquared81gsquared81 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I installed Twonky, which does allow for playlists on Heos. It's not as nice as Plex, but it's a temporary solution. I agree, we need integrated Plex support in the Denon app!!

• AdraribachAdraribach Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A workaround would be to have access to the playlists through the DLNA interface. They could be presented as Folder containing the files in the playlist.
    That would also help with other systems that are not natively supported.

• DiscreetDiscreet Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

I totally agree, I have a denonreceiver with Heos but Cant load my plex music there, Heos read my server but doens´t show me the music ( it´s like it´s empty when in the reality it´s full of albums :( ) I think we definitely need a plex Option inside Heos asap. both systems are really powerful.

• Judas_zJudas_z Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

We most definately need an integration. Sonos doesn`t have a portable device (or at least didn't have when i decidet to go for heos). Therefore there is no one in all solution for using PLEX in every situation

• AdraribachAdraribach Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Discreet said:
    I totally agree, I have a denonreceiver with Heos but Cant load my plex music there, Heos read my server but doens´t show me the music ( it´s like it´s empty when in the reality it´s full of albums :( ) I think we definitely need a plex Option inside Heos asap. both systems are really powerful.

Discreet: You have to enable DLNA support on your Plex-Server. For me that works - but without playlists