If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

2017 4K LG OLED - OLED55B7 native client

13»

Answers

• MrMarblesMrMarbles Posts: 6Members ✭✭

So I want to update the profile for LG B6V and downloaded the .xml file posted here earlier and put on my FreeNAS server under /mnt//plexmediaserver_1/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles

I see the file in that folder, but Plex app for WebOS is still transcoding. The file is called HTML TV APP.xml

Do I need to change the name or do anything else? Also I restarted my entire FreeNAS server to be sure that it could detect the new profile.

• elFunghielFunghi Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@colinleeds said:
    In Windows 10 x64, profiles are in '%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Profiles\'. These get replaced after a server upgrade so I created a folder called 'Profiles' in '%localappdata%\Plex Media Server\'

The profile used in my case is HTML TV App.xml. You can find the correct one in 'Plex Media Server.log'

Files will be direct streamed for mkv.

Did I get this right that you copied the profile HTML TV APP.xml into the folder you created '%localappdata%\Plex Media Server\Profiles'? And I'm not only having this issue with the WebOS Plex app but also with Chromecast Ultra, so could I also drop the chromecast.xml profile into the same folder? Would that work too?

• elFunghielFunghi Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@shanecole said:

@ourcontact said:
    I have the changes listed above for the HTML TV App.xml profile and it did make some improvements.

I have come across another problem video and would like to understand how I can resolve, not just someone fix for me - but that would be nice too....

So this one (Life of Pi 2160p 4K HDR10 HEVC BT2020 DTSHD) again plays perfectly in the Video DLNA app with DirectPlay.
    When I use the LG app I get DirectStream and it ends up with occasional video, but mostly a rainbow of bleeding colors dripping from a line of flashing blocks at the top of the screen.

Bad re-encode, a proper remux plays fine.

I must disagree, I have a C7P and the very same problem with 4K movies being transcoded. So I followed the steps described by @colinleeds and finally got direct stream but then every so often I also got those rainbow flashes. I tested then the XPlay app and guess what... It runs just fine. :/

13»