If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pre-roll videos won't play

AlitchyAlitchy Posts: 157Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Really wanting to take advantage of this feature on the new server (1.9.5.4339) and Roku plex pass client (5.05) on a Roku 3 and a Roku Premier +

So I:

1) On the Rokus selected Play Pre-roll Only in the Cinema trailers item
2) Went to the Server's Extras area and selected "play before all movies" from the drop down
3) unselected the 3 "include cinema trailers from" items, because I don't want trailers, just my pre-roll video
4) input my path C:\source\Intros in the Cinema trailers pre-roll video box
5) copied a known good mp4 file that plex has no issue playing as a part of a library into that location
6) Played a movie on the Roku and am greeted with a We're unable to play this video, make sure the server is running... message
7) It then asks me if I want to continue to the next item and the movie I selected plays fine.

Both Roku's exhibit the same behavior. Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, or confirm that this is broken on Roku?

Best Answer

• AlitchyAlitchy Posts: 157Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Following up on this. You can't specify just the path, and have it select an item to play randomly, etc. I had to specify the file name, including path, for each item - separating each with a comma.

Answers

Nobody? I'll post this in the server forum and see if it doesn't get an answer from Plex.

• w13rdow13rdo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

disregard my response. seems like it's related to the path maybe as its seen on a windows system. /media/data/prerolls/my_pre_roll.mp4 which is the path for me from root of the system my plex is on. maybe try /source/Intros/

• SmplorigSmplorig Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Were you able to fix this? im having the same issue.

• Papa SmithPapa Smith Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think I found the solution for others trying to fix this edit the movie media library in plex -> Advanced -> Enable Cinema Trailers

Accepted Answer

Following up on this. You can't specify just the path, and have it select an item to play randomly, etc. I had to specify the file name, including path, for each item - separating each with a comma.