If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Premium Music

raidflexraidflex Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So I am wondering if Plex Premium Music features still do not work on a FreeBSD system. I have a Freenas server setup and installed the plexpass version manually in a jail and I would like to use the Plex Mix feature. I currently have a lifetime subscription, so I am trying to figure out if this work.

If these features are still not supported, why is FreeBSD the ONLY OS that does not support these features.

Answers

• brismichaelbrismichael Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When Premium music came out I had to set up a new folder in plex server and select it as a premium type in the setup options before the new features would appear

• raidflexraidflex Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just added the music the other day, there was no premium library option.

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 621Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There is a (very long) thread which goes into detail on this with information provided by several developers: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/159878/premium-music-features/p1

• llygodenllygoden Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@gbooker02 Is it just that the GNSDK is not supported on FreeBSD?

From GraceNotes website they also offer a Web API for retrieving song/album/artist information and for generating mixes using their Rhythm algorithms.

Would it be possible to implement these Web API's for FreeBSD if the GNID for each track in your PLEX library was populated by an external application?

So running their Thin Client on a Windows/Linux/OS X Box against my library to store the GNID in the PLEX metadata or NFO/XML file that PLEX can consume (I'm assuming PLEX stores this value having done the fingerprinting with the GNSDK for the other OS's). Which would then allow for the additional artist/album information to be pulled from their Web API (HTTP Requests) and for PLEX Mixes to be generated against their Rhythm API.

• raidflexraidflex Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 26

Would be nice for a developer to respond to llygoden's question which has gone unanswered for 2 months......