If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New Xbox App - Subtitles stops showing

niklaslarssonniklaslarsson Posts: 32Members ✭✭

On the new XBOX app the subtitles stops showing after a while. It's kinda random, sometimes after 20 sec, sometimes after 2 minutes. But it happens all the time. It is not possbile to see a movie with subtitles with the new app. The old one works great.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• buttebutte Posts: 1Members

Same problem here.
    After new update on xbox, subs dissapear.
    I can get them back, by pressing b and go out of the movie, and then start the movie again.
    But it happens 20 times in one hour, so its not good.

• anvelopusanvelopus Posts: 1Members

Are you still investigating ? Do you need help ? Should I order some pizzas ? Do you wanna watch a movie while investigating ? With subtitles.

• CyteckCyteck Posts: 1Members

Hi, I have the same issue.

Is there any way to revert to the previous version of the app while you find a fix?
    Thanks!

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,672Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The sticky known issues thread at the top of this forum has a workaround for this issue.

• arne.sahlberg@gmail.comarne.sahlberg@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

This is still a problem for me. Stopped working at some point in October and still a problem. Any progress on fixing it?

• arne.sahlberg@gmail.comarne.sahlberg@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

@WilhelmStroker said:
    The sticky known issues thread at the top of this forum has a workaround for this issue.

I don’t see this mentioned in that thread.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,530Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Which server version are you on? There is a fix for a rare subtitle issue in 1.11 which is in Plex Pass preview at the moment that may help with your issue.

• niklaslarssonniklaslarsson Posts: 32Members ✭✭

I am on 1.10.1.4602