If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

the subtitles problem with plex

aristosvaristosv Posts: 33Members ✭✭

I have the latest Plex server running on Linux. I usually watch movies on my iPad and Plex plugin on KODI. The one constant problem I experience are the subtitles.

I've used the opensubtitles option in Plex, and the Sub-zero plugin.

My problem with opensubtitles is that I don't have the option to offset, out of sync subtitles, and when using the Sub-zero plugin, I don't even see any options during movie playback to download/offset or choose subtitles. Again, I only use the iPad and the Plex plugin on KODI.

I have also tried downloading the subtitles and placing them next to the movie, but again, no option to offset them, if they don't match the movie.

I like Plex, but subtitles are kind of a big deal. Does Plex provide any options/flexibility with subs?

Answers

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Posts: 618Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is probably client specific, as e.g. openPHT/rasplex offers an option for subtitle off-set.

• aristosvaristosv Posts: 33Members ✭✭

The plex server web interface does not offer this option either. Which is like, the official client.
    Plus, I can't run openpht on my iPad, so that doesn't help.