If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cant play my plex collection over sonos

OversaxedOversaxed Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Hi
I have a plex server installed on my NAS drive ( QNAP). My Sonos can see it, browse all files, load a playlist but then says File cannot be found.
All firmware is up to date. I am unable to enable remote access consistently- it will work for a few days and then just stops connecting for no apparent reason. It is manually configured to Port 42300 as auto connect always failed. In the 18 mths or so I have been trying to get this system to work it probably has only connected all up for a month or so and when it does it is great. I have tried all the fixes from the forums and set my router up correctly (I think), tried with all firewalls disabled. I have tried a windows desktop, a windows laptop, android Samsung and an ipad - none will connect. I have rebooted, reinstalled etc etc. I am at my wits end and about to chuck plex out except it is the only server that "works" with Sonos and a large music collection.
Is there anyone that can help me get this working. I am not tech savvy and will need a VERY simple and clear step thru process to understand answers.

( And pleeease can the plex /sonos system have a classification by folder and a much better system to find tracks than it currently has- ie type in or alphabetical touch rather than having to scroll through hundreds of tracks)

Hoping .....

Answers

• JabdahJabdah Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey Plex World!

I have the same issue as @Oversaxed and out of ideas on how to move forward. Everything worked well in the past and I could access and listen to my whole Plex content through Sonos on any device / OS. And suddenly Sonos claims not to find the file any more - though it correctly lists the Plex content. Any idea or advice or update?

• Fenyx4Fenyx4 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too am having this problem.

I can play from other people's Plex servers though.

I am guessing it is related to a router problem that I have with port forwarding.

Device in internal network -> internal server ip address. Works fine.
    Device external to network -> external ip address. Works fine.
    Device in internal network -> external ip address. Doesn't work

This causes some weird hiccups on my phone when I go from WiFi to cell service. On Sonos, even though it is always on WiFi, it appears to be breaking it.