If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Running media refresh using commandline (plexmediaserver-plexpass-1.9.5.4339/fbsd11.1-p2)

jakobbgjakobbg Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

How do I refresh my library (specifically movies and tv-series) using "Plex Media Scanner" from the command line on plexmediaserver-plexpass-1.9.5.4339 and fbsd11.1-p2?

I've tried something along the lines of sudo -u plex HOME="/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server" LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/compat:/usr/local/share/plexmediaserver-plexpass FFMPEG_EXTERNAL_LIBS="/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Codecs/c9ea179-1157-freebsd-x86_64", but running the command /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver-plexpass/Plex\ Media\ Scanner --list does not produce any output, telling me I'm missing some important detail :-).

And is it an easier way to run the plex binaries from the command line than what I've tried?

Thank you in advance for all help on this.

Best Answer

Answers

• jakobbgjakobbg Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nobody knows how to actually run plex binaries on the command line? :-)