If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can only see version 2.007 on the Samsung app store

stevepstevep Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a 2012 UA40ES6200 and it only offers 2.007 on the store. Is it because this model isn't supported on the newer versions 2.008,9? I have tried uninstalling, leaving the power off, factory reset, checked and no newer firmware updates are available. I've googled and searched these forums till my fingers bled but I'm out of ideas. Well perhaps I exaggerate a little and my fingers are only a little chafed.

Can anyone please help me out?

Answers

• mdnitoilmdnitoil Posts: 380Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I thought the 2012 models were no longer supported. The latest version can be downloaded and run off of a thumbdrive.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

This app still supports 2012 models.Actually I just had an email from Samsung that they added 2012 to the submission selection for me (it was removed previously due to +5 years old), so now I should be able to ask them to also test it for 2012 models. But I think that will be 2.010 so can fix a few reported bugs.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• stevepstevep Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks Orca. And BTW I just bought you a couple of long overdue beers :-) Your work on this app is greatly appreciated. Just got an Amazon echo so looking forward to when you get around to adding support for that.

Another unlikely question but have you ever heard of any hacks/mods to get the older Samsung TVs to just start up with Plex on power up? I stream everything over the network including FTA. I presume the whole smart tv platform needs to load first but it's often flaky (always slow) and sometimes takes one or more power cycles to get going. It's turned me off smart TVs and I'm definitely looking for an external alternative in future and not depending on TV vendors for support.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Thanks for your support!

Alexa is already supported in the latest versions. You can sideload the app from a USB stick and try it out right now.

I personally have programmed a Logitech remote so it will push the sequence to get Plex started.
    I don't know of any other ways to do that.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

You're welcome. Thanks I'll try the sideload. I did that once before ages ago.

Yeah, the Logitech route is all I could think of too. I've been using one of those for a while in the lounge room and have another that the battery did the old bulge and die trick so I should resurrect that. Sadly it doesn't help with the unreliable Samsung software startup so I guess I'm stuck with that till I decide on which standalone player I go with.

Some models have a setting to make the SmartHub startup faster by keeping it in memory (called "quick start" or something like that). Maybe your has that, check it out.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

• dbbdarkdbbdark Posts: 164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is there any update about 2015 models and new plex app version ?

Hi Orca, I had a look at the settings of the TV but no quick start option. Thanks anyway for the suggestion. I'm sideloading happily for the moment.

• dbbdarkdbbdark Posts: 164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i think no news