If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Chromecast Live TV

megabitemegabite Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 27 in Android (mobile)

still confused after having reviewed forum posts.

my Android says, "Unable to play Live TV", "Live TV playback is not currently supported when connected to a remote player..."

is casting live TV supposed to work?

Best Answer

• megabitemegabite Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

oops. sorry. finally found the FAQ. no casting of live TV.

kind of waste $$ on HDHomeRun. Xbox 360 Media Extender is still better than Plex.

what's the point of live TV if you cannot watch it on a TV?

Answers

• megabitemegabite Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

oops. sorry. finally found the FAQ. no casting of live TV.

kind of waste $$ on HDHomeRun. Xbox 360 Media Extender is still better than Plex.

what's the point of live TV if you cannot watch it on a TV?

• uvbeenzaneduvbeenzaned Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I really hope that they implement this. It's the only way I use my TV's at home.

• vertig0730vertig0730 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't know if it's a fluke, but I am casting from my computer to my Chromecast right now. Watching the falcon's distroy the cowboys. I am not casting my desktop.

Plex beta, latest chrome browser, original Chromecast.